Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 18 - The Siren's Song

Only a handful of people know where I am on this planet, and how to communicate with me. As I've stated in previous Blog Posts: I have trust issues. More so now than I have ever had considering what the human I trusted more than anyone on this Earth put me through and caused me to endure over the last month. My own Father & Brother know not where I am. So, as I've stated to many before I left - I am in the wind. And I intend to keep it that way. Call it my coat of armor disallowing anyone or anything to get in. It is how I now unfortunately protect myself. 

But my best friend in the world posed a question to me.... "Would I come back to my former life and love if I was given the opportunity?"

Ah, the Beast whispers to me in my lonely darkness.... Tempting.... Playing with my broken heart & soul....

Every day when I wake up I see the same placard in my new home. It states, "Man can not change the direction of the wind but can adjust his sails..."

When my friend asked me his question I immediately thought of that placard, and then thought of Homer's "Odyssey." When the Sirens' Songs lured ships at sea into a seemingly loving embrace, only to smash them upon the rocks...

I've adjusted my sails, and as tempting as the Beast might ever be if She were to sing to me, THAT ship has sailed... Away from the rocks!

Onward & upward into the Light!

No comments: