Friday, November 6, 2015

Day 6 - "The Cat Lady Returns!"

In the past, in my former life, there was a lot of talk about animal spirits. And I have believed that those I have loved and lost in life can somehow reappear in the form of animals to let me know I am on the right path. An encounter with a certain four-legged feline recently has affirmed that belief that I have.

The day that I looked at my new home, as I walked back out to my car I was greeted by a little red cat, not unlike my GiGi that was taken from me. My "ginger cat" of 10 years whom I was denied of ever seeing again when I was cast out of my past life. This new furry little friend came running up to me and immediately started wrapping himself around the inside of my ankles, purring extremely loudly. I took that as a good sign that I had found THE place I was going to be healing and welcoming to me which I now call home.

I woke up this morning and walked out my front door and was greeted by a very soft and sweet meow. I looked up above me and there was my red little friend on the roof of my new home staring down at me with a smile that only a cat can have - A Cheshire grin! Full of unconditional love that only in animal can give as he purred and rubbed on my hand when I reached up to say hello to my new found friend. 

And then it dawned on me, we always referred to my grandmother as "The Cat Lady." And as with many of the other angelic signs of light that I have found as I have relocated to my new home, I like to think that my new friend is just another sign from the universe that I am in the right place and all will be well.

And as I write this brief little blog he sits on top of my rooftop watching me as I dictate this into words.
I think I'm going to call him Frances!

No comments: