Monday, November 23, 2015

Day 23 - A River Runs Through It

Emotions are a blessing and a curse. I felt the curse this weekend. 

The heart is the strongest muscle in the body. But becomes the weakest when broken. 

Sunday morning dawn greeted me with tears. A river of tears flooding the banks of my new home. Loneliness, heartache, and unadulterated sadness just flowed forth - unable to be turned off. 

And that will happen. When one loses something so dear to one's heart it is natural to mourn. 

I mourn a little every day. I mourned a lot over the last two. It paralyzed me. To the point I closed the door and cried myself to sleep, woke up, and repeated it for two days. 

Time will heal. I accept the pain. Tomorrow will come with a new sunrise and another day to help heal the heartache. 

I know you see this. I love you still, and miss you desperately. You have forbidden me to reach out, so just know I am trying to swim upstream through the river of tears flowing. Some days are better than others. But I'm still swimming through the ocean on my beach. 

I'm sorry that things ended the way they did. And I would take it all back if I could. 

I love you still and I miss you!

No comments: